At Objective Capital Partners, we are dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it the OCP way. Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our five core values: Consistent Excellence, Unwavering Integrity, Collaboration Oriented, Objectives Focused, and Hard Work. We work tenaciously to create exceptional results for our clients. We have grown significantly over the past several years and expect continued growth. As such, this is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The M&A Investment Banking Associate will be responsible for leading the analytical work in support of transaction execution and new business development, as well as assisting senior bankers in the development and delivery of value-added investment banking products and services to clients and prospects.
This position should expect a great deal of client exposure and this role will require demonstrated skill sets in the fundamentals of valuation, business strategy and client communication. Due to the entrepreneurial spirit of the firm, Associates are encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they can successfully handle. In addition, given the firm’s belief in staffing deals with smaller teams, this role will have daily contact with senior bankers and client executives. This position reports directly to the Managing Director, Investment Banking.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
• Responsible for oversight and accuracy of Analyst duties, including review of modeling, research methodology and deal execution activities.
• Assists in planning the approach and writing significant portions of Confidential Information Memoranda, pitches and management presentations, as well as oversee the development of such documents.
• Participate in strategic discussions surrounding the transaction, establishing buyer research criteria and profiles, preparing documents for various parties, participating in valuation development and analysis, managing some consulting projects or smaller deals will also be required.
• Leads and edits buyer research information received from Analysts; ensures data is complete, verified, synthesized, analyzed and may be involved in completing some research independent of Analysts.
• Creates and populates the database of targeted outreach to prospective buyers (or other). Ensures collateral materials are developed and delivered to all parties. Initiates some calls and correspondence to interested buyers; completes necessary follow-up.
• Leads development of all quantitative analysis and modeling activities to ensure information is accurate (historical data, projection assumptions, formulas) and complete. Performs stress tests around assumptions to ensure integrity of analysis.
• Direct experience working with, and strong fundamental understanding of, financial data and conducting quantitative analyses related to company valuations, implementation of three statement financial models, detailed revenue build analyses, and comparative and pro forma analyses.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement composition.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of a sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory process.
• Performance of research and analyses pertaining to client, industry, and technical matters related to, as well as troubleshoot and derive creative solutions related to, the M&A transaction process.
• Strong understanding of the global economy and M&A market trends that impact our clients and industries of focus.
• Ability to mentor Analysts, manage clients, and follow direction from senior bankers while working on multiple transactions.
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of proactively identifying and addressing client needs. Building solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of firm services; approach client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
• Utilizing effectively strong written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment.
Key Qualifications & Requirements.
We offer competitive compensation with salary and bonus. We also offer industry leading benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, employer paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee assistant program, and employee discounts via Insperity. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and generous paid time off.