Life Science Corporate Development Execution Leader
Objective Capital Partners is looking for a highly motivated leader with a strong life sciences and/or healthcare corporate development track record who has a passion for helping our life sciences and healthcare clients reach their next development milestone.
Objective Capital Partners Life Sciences & Healthcare Practice guides life sciences and healthcare companies through their transactional life cycle, collaboratively developing their capital strategy, establishing strategic partnerships, identifying licensing opportunities, securing institutional equity investment, and facilitating M&A transactions.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Life Sciences & Healthcare Investment Banking Practice, the Corporate Development Manger will lead project teams in client engagements spanning strategic market assessment to executing strategic transactions including development and commercialization partnerships, licensing, joint ventures, and M&A. With direct interaction with senior executives in the life sciences and healthcare industries, this individual will lead highly visible strategic projects that will have a significant impact on the direction and long term value creation of our clients.
The ideal candidate would be familiar with leading corporate development activities in the life sciences and/or healthcare industry with a proven track record of successful business strategy development and strategic partnerships. A broad understanding of the life sciences and/or healthcare industries will be critical. The role will require strong teamwork and partnership with multiple stakeholders across engagement team, client teams, and third party partners, and success will come to those able to gain the trust and confidence of stakeholders, and who demonstrate our firm’s values of collaboration, integrity and excellence. He/she will require broad strategic thinking abilities and excellent business acumen, coupled with excellent leadership skills to navigate in a dynamic environment suited to a high performance leadership culture. This is an excellent opportunity in a senior role within the Life Sciences & Healthcare Practice of a nationally recognized leading middle market investment banking firm.
- Lead project teams in capital strategy development for life sciences and healthcare companies.
- Collaboratively lead project teams in execution of strategic partnering, licensing and M&A transactions.
- Effectively manage communications to all appropriate internal team members and client project participants. Establish and manage client expectations.
- Provide clear and concise project updates to client leadership and firm management.
- Support sales leads in client development activities including qualifying potential clients, assisting in the development of engagement proposals, and conducting proposal presentations.
- Support marketing leads in the development of marketing content, tailoring marketing strategy and executing tactical marketing plans.
- Engage closely with key thought leaders and potential clients in the Life Science and healthcare industries to maintain industry leadership and identify emerging industry trends.
- Establish confidence in interactions with potential clients, referral and key opinion leaders in the life sciences and healthcare industries.
- Promote industry education and the firm’s services through participating in and delivering presentations at professional associations, conferences, and other public relations opportunities.
- Leverage Firm’s CRM tool to track and maintain prospective clients, referral sources, and collaboration partners.
- 3+ years of experience in senior roles with significant strategic transaction, corporate development, and/or strategic-level business development impact.
- A broad understanding of the life sciences and/or healthcare industries and key players in the underlying ecosystems.
- Skilled at analyzing problems and arriving at clear decisions; able to distill information, gain clarity of ideas, synthesize, and then define next steps for execution.
- Bright individual, with ability to combine logic, creativity, and judgment; quick study, able to handle complex matters with multiple initiatives; able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as operational details.
- Energetic and resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude; fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work; never satisfied with status quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Ability to organize, lead, and motivate teams to drive toward completion of high-quality deliverables and outcomes.
- Maturity and executive presence and ability to navigate and develop relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to think conceptually and pragmatically; capable of communicating with senior executives and becoming a trusted advisor on strategic issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership qualities; ability to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player.
- Very strong project, process, and organizational skills; able to effectively juggle multiple projects/assignments at one time and deliver high-quality results in timely fashion.
- Proactive work style and ability to work independently and manage cross-functional activities with limited oversight; comfortable working in and bringing structure to ambiguous environments.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time domestically.
- Commitment to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical benefits via TriNet
- 401K plan with employer match
- Three weeks of paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
How to Apply:
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact via email:
Mandy F. Woods
Director of Administration
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Required education: B.S. / B.A. Degree, preferably within a related business, marketing, or life science discipline (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Etc.)
Required experience: Strong corporate development and/or strategic business development skills based on several years of experience