M&A INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST
The M&A Investment Banking Analyst will be responsible for leading the analytical work in support of transaction execution and new business development, as well as assisting senior bankers in the development and delivery of value-added investment banking products and services to clients and prospects.
The Analyst should expect a great deal of client exposure and this role will require demonstrated skill sets in the fundamentals of valuation, business strategy and client communication. Due to the entrepreneurial spirit of the firm, analysts are encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they can successfully handle. In addition, given the firm’s belief in staffing deals with smaller teams, this role will have daily contact with senior bankers and client executives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial, business and market analyses including the preparation of management presentations, CIMs, three statement financial models, and all required due diligence information/financial analysis and modeling of other opportunities;
- Providing analytical support for financing transactions;
- Maintaining deal flow tracking and management system;
- Product and market diligence, forecasting and sensitivity analysis;
- Financial, business and scientific diligence from both secondary and primary sources;
- Supporting the senior banking team with ad hoc industry and sector analysis and screens;
- Information aggregation, synthesis and dissemination to team; and
- Assist in the development and production of proposals, presentations for clients and prospects.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics from a top school with outstanding academic performance;
- Strong modeling and financial valuation skills (advanced excel skills a plus);
- Ability to demonstrate deep understanding of financial statements and analysis;
- Ability to function at a high level as part of a small team and with intermittent direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and exude professionalism as a representative of our firm;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail; candidates will be internally motivated and solutions oriented;
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude; and
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical benefits via TriNet
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Three weeks of paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY: All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Please do not email your resume or call all the employees at our firm. Candidates submitting only resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered. Again, no phone calls or walk-ins please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Diego, CA – Local San Diego or Los Angeles residents are preferred